Pages

Monday 14 May 2012

Telling your Parents

Your parents should be the first to know about your engagement.
Before you post it on Facebook/bbm status/ Twitter.  Before you squeal your delight to your bff.  Before you call your cousin five times removed in the Amazon.  Before you tell your dog/cat/horse/goldfish.

Your parents will be pissed if you don't tell them first .

Chris and I called my parents as soon as I could actually talk without crying/speaking in gibberish.  They of course were ecstatic.  As it turned out, Chris had asked my Dad almost 2 months prior to asking me.  He was even more perfect than I thought.
Once we had told my immediate family we called his family.
Once we had done that, we then called my aunt and godparents.
And of course then decided to just update the good ole bbm status with the news.

However, if you do want to just enjoy the moment and tell your families when you have basked in the idea with just the two of you, then do so.  We decided to enjoy it afterwards.  To spend the rest of the evening under the blanket of stars, drinking a bottle of bubbly (well more than one) and planing our future.  That was one helluva way to enjoy our first few hours as an engaged couple.  Under the African skies.


1 comment:

  1. Or you could wait one week till after you come back from Hong Kong and tell them. I think my mom nearly died! hahah

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...