Pages

Wednesday 7 November 2012

How not to be a Wedding Planner

A wedding planner is priceless and a must have for any bride who actually has a life beyond her wedding planning.

Due to the fact that I decided I was not superwoman and could no longer do the bulk of my wedding planning on my own (Mom in Joburg, fiance diving for cover at the mention of wedding planning), we went on a wedding planner search.
After meeting with a few prospects, I decided on a planner and this was the perfect planner for us.
Not only was she fun and full of life but she got my plans and ideas.

When we had our table mock Wedding Planner produced the most beautiful display of exactly what I wanted.  She had listened to all my idea's and looked at the endless supply of pictures I sent her and put my whole concept together to create an even better vision of what I was looking for.

However, this is where the fairytale-like wedding planner ended.  A planner is supposed to make your day less stressful.  A planner is supposed to make your planning less stressful.  This was not the case.  Whilst she was doing things, I was doing a lot more myself.
I had to chase her.  Literally.  Email after email went unanswered.  When I called she didn't know who I was.
I had to bug her for 2 weeks for our quote for the flowers and decor and when it arrived I almost fell off my chair in shock.  Our wedding planner has not stuck to our budget.  At all.  The quote was very pricey.
Of course I then phoned other suppliers, all who came in very much less expensive for the same arrangements.
I then booked another supplier.  Wedding planner was not happy about this and voiced it to us.
Wedding planner then went away for a week (which of course she is allowed to do) but she gave us 2 days notice.
Fiancé and I sent wedding planner an email voicing our concerns and stating that we had looked at other suppliers and had a meeting with another wedding planner and that we please needed her to understand what we needed.
This morning I received an email stating very rudely that wedding planner did not agree with us and had withdrawn her services!
Isn't the service provider meant to make their client's happy and rectify issues?  Instead we got unprofessionalism and rudeness when we addressed concerns.
Bad bad wedding planner.






1 comment:

  1. Wedding planning can be stressful and downright overwhelming at time. Booking a venue is one of the very first things you should do. Proper stating arrangement and atmosphere are the most essential thing before choosing any event venue.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...